Dynamic Impressions Ltd are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact on the environment. This is our path to helping the UK achieve Net Zero, now is the time to act.
Therefore, our Policy is to:
1. Consider environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
2. Minimise our waste and then reuse, upcycle, recycle, freecycle or compost as much of it as is possible. So, how do we do this?
a. Recycling part of our paper waste into environmentally friendly products for our division of Eco Flower Supplies (a business seeking ways of reducing plastic within the floristry industry).
b. Reuse, return to supplier or repair our pallet waste by turning them into tables, planters, sheds, doors or composters.
c. Upcycle our greyboard and seeded paper waste by donating it to the Norwich Puppet Theatre for them to make background scenery for puppet shows or papier mache for the puppets. This scheme was launched by Norwich B.I.D (Business Improvement District).
d. Compost our food and paper waste by layering our office garden composter with garden waste, food waste and shredded paper waste.
e. Donate paper waste to schools and charities including a local company called Scrap Box who encourage people to use other businesses waste for their own projects.
f. Turn our printing press waste sheets and guillotine off cuts into upcycled notepads.
g. Reuse all boxes coming into Dynamic by either shredding for wrapping or sending out our products.
h. Endeavour to recycle all other paper, card, plastic and metal that leaves our business and to keep to an absolute minimum that which enters our refuse collection bin.
3. Minimise energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources. We encourage this by placing stickers next to all our machines in the factory, plug sockets and sinks reminding staff to turn off when not in use.
All staff are mindful of energy wastage and how to minimise waste. We have timer plugs and remote control sockets to help ensure electronics are switched off overnight. We have changed all our lighting to LED.
4. We source and purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment, or we come up with practical solutions ourselves.
5. We invested in a machine that turns any cardboard waste that comes into our building into shredded packaging that we can reuse. Upcycling and recycling all in one. As a result, we no longer purchase or use bubble wrap in our business or packaging.
6. We promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner. We train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues and discuss how we can all achieve Net Zero.
7. We have invested time and donated our land to WildEast, transforming our industrial estate unit backyard, once neglected and full of brick rubble, into a wildflower and vegetable garden with ponds for all the wildlife. We have seen an increase around the industrial estate with different species of insects, bees, butterflies and birds, including Yellow Hammers and Goldfinch. We have had a hedgehog, mole and shrew in our garden, also a toad in one of our ponds and the bug hotel is full!
8. We communicate our environmental efforts and commitments to clients, customers and the public by producing our latest brochure containing all of this information. Promoting our journey via our various blogs, our website, YouTube, Linkedin and Instagram accounts.
We have featured on the local BBC Look East regarding our upcycling programme with the Norwich Puppet Theatre and Norwich B.I.D and have recently been interviewed by The National Geographic Society for an article regarding our industrial estate unit.
9. Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, we develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.